1) .ANY WEAPONRY SHOULD BE EASILY DISCERNIBLE AS FAKE
AND NO SHOOTING ZOMBIE WALK PARTICIPANTS WITH ANY PROJECTILE
Keep the bright obnoxious orange caps on the end of toys guns. NO REPLICA WEAPONS: the word replica implies "like the real thing". And NO PAINTBALL GUNS, they hurt. Same goes for Airsoft guns.
2) NO WALKING OUT INTO THE STREET OR TRAFFIC Stay on The Walk route. Use crosswalks, if necessary, and obey traffic laws.
3) NO ATTACKING BYSTANDERS Even though you and I may love this kind of thing there may be others who do not, respect their space and they will respect our event
4) NO PART OF YOUR COSTUME SHOULD SQUIRT OR PROJECT ANY LIQUID OR OBJECTS Others have worked as hard as you on their zombie attire. Don’t mess it up for them. Likewise, bystanders are bystanders for a reason, they don’t want fake blood on their clothes!
5) NO PROFANITIES We want to keep it as “Family Friendly” as possible. There will most likely be many children in and around the walk, no need to warp their minds any further than seeing the walking dead already will.
6) NO BANGING ON STORE FRONT WINDOWS
Our Downtown Merchants are just excited as you are about this event. Let's respect their property and leave their buildings alone.
7) WALK LIKE A ZOMBIE This is not a speed-walking event, zombies lurch, crawl, limp, slither, etc. Think more along the lines of classic zombie, not "run" zombie in some of today’s movies.
8) STAY IN CHARACTER No Cameras or Cell phones during the walk. How many zombies do you see taking photos or texting? None! We want to stay in character as much as possible, so we ask that all participants in the Walk refrain from camera and cell phone use. But participants should feel free to take photos before and when they are finished with the Walk.
Onlookers are free to take photos at anytime during the event. Plus, we will have several photographers taking photos during the Walk, and will post them all right here on our Facebook page where you are welcome to download and share them.
9) STAY ON PUBLIC PROPERTY Do not go into stores or other private properties during the walk. Stick to the sidewalk.
10) HAVE FUN! Stay in character as much as possible. HAM IT UP! You're wearing fake blood and ripped up clothes and walking around moaning in public, doing that louder will not be any more embarrassing. Moan like you mean it!