Blood Drives in Northeast Arkansas
JONESBORO, Ark. (November 18, 2022) - As many gather for Thanksgiving celebrations with family and friends, the American Red Cross urges donors to shake up their holiday traditions and plan a time to give blood in the coming weeks.
Blood and platelet donations tend to drop more than 20% during holiday weeks, including the days around Thanksgiving. Seasonal illness and the threat of winter weather can add more concern during a time of year that is traditionally hard on the nation's blood supply.
Give thanks and give back - now is the time to make and keep donation appointments. Book a time to give blood at RedCrossBlood.org. As a thank-you, all who come to donate Nov. 23-27 will get an exclusive Red Cross beanie, while supplies last. Thanks to our partners at Amazon, all donors who come to give blood Nov. 28-Dec. 15 will receive a $10 Gift card by email.*
*Terms apply. Visit rcblood.org/together
Upcoming blood donation opportunities through Dec 15:
- 11/22/2022: 12:30pm-4:30pm, Browns Chapel Baptist Church, 3800 S Rockingchair Road
- 12/8/2022: 10am-4pm, Paragould Light Water and Cable, 1901 Jones Road
- 12/8/2022: 12pm-5pm, Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, 900 West Kingshighway
- 11/23/2022: 10am-2pm, Earl Bell Community Center, 1212 S Church
- 12/1/2022: 12pm-5pm, Central Baptist Church, 3707 Harrisburg Road
- 12/1/2022: 12:30pm-5:30pm, Central Toyota, 3305 Stadium Boulevard
- 12/15/2022: 12:30pm-5:30pm, Valley View Church of Christ, 4500 Southwest Drive
- 11/23/2022: 10am-2pm, Merchants and Planters Bank, 915 Highway 367 North
- 12/1/2022: 12pm-4pm, Hoxie New Life Cathedral, 809 SW Broad Street
- 11/29/2022: 1:30pm-5:30pm, Sutton Free Will Baptist Church, 5421 US-62
- 12/8/2022: 10am-2:30pm, Blytheville High School, 600 North 10th Street
- 12/12/2022: 1:30pm-5:30pm, Buffalo Island Central Elementary, 1208 Nelson
- 11/22/2022: 11am-3pm, Hardy Civic Center, 301 East Main Street
- 12/13/2022: 1pm-5pm, A.L. Huston Memorial Center, 1765 Highway 62/412
How to donate blood
Simply download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enable the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood and platelet donors can save time at their next donation by using RapidPass to complete their pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, before arriving at the blood drive. To get started, follow the instructions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or use the Blood Donor App
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40% of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit RedCross.org or CruzRojaAmericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.